Hidden along the rolling hills of Maryland’s countryside near the Catoctin Mountains is a small town known as Utica Mills.
One of the few remaining covered bridges is here. Built around 1850, this beautiful bridge was originally set on the Monocacy River. In 1889, a strong storm swept the bridge away.
The locals painstakingly retrieved every piece of the destroyed bridge and rebuilt it on Fishing Creek.
Well kept for all to enjoy.