Today is a day to be truly thankful for some very kind and generous bloggers out there. First, Sylvia at Another day in Paradise and then Eunice at Nuts for Treasure have nominated Hoofbeats & Footprints to receive the “2012 Blog of the Year” Award.
When reading Sylvia’s first award acceptance it caused me to stop and really think about Hoofbeats & Footprints. There has been an postaday challenge this past week for us to show others what really inspire us to blog. I’ve been struggling to find the answer to this question. Sure, I like taking photographs, and exploring the world. But what is it that truly inspires me?
The warm and generous reception that I’ve received from my fellow bloggers is what truly inspires me to keep blogging. That there is someone out there that appreciates what is shared here. So thank you to all of you for making it all worthwhile.
This award was originated by The Thought Palette – 2012 Blog of the Year Award. An award that is to be bestowed upon fellow bloggers that rightly deserve recognition for standing out in the blogging community either by what is shared on their blog, or for being great fellow bloggers.
This award is unique as you can collect stars each time this award is presented to you. They also provide a great place to share on The 2012 Blog of the Year Award Facebook Page. One can also visit their FAQ for the 2012 Blog of the Year Award and get more information about this award.
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
In researching this Blog of the Year Award, I also came across another international and subject category Blog of the Year Award. This is the 12th year for this award and the subject categories change annually. The blogs that have received these awards are outstanding and are most certainly worth a look. Check out the Twelfth Annual Weblog Award page here.
Since the nominations for The Thought Palette Award ends on December 31st, as a blogging community, we can nominate our best blogs to the Twelfth Annual Weblog Award starting on January 1st.
As a blogger, I am now struggling with how I can start providing you, the reader some value. Whether it be a beautiful photo that helps the heart slow down a beat with appreciation of the world around us, or a sharing of wisdom. That, I’m trying to figure out. In the meantime, I would like to nominate bloggers that I find inspirational and/or educational in some way for this award.
So with no further ado, here are my nominations for the 2012 Blog of the Year Award:
1. Lesley Carter – Bucket List Publications. WOW ! Talk about a successful blogger. Starting with sharing her wild adventures, Lesley has made her blog a full-blown business that allows her to continue to jet set around the world, while inspiring others to create and achieve their bucket lists. Checking out her new website/blog I’m just blown away how quickly and largely her blog has grown.
2. Susan at Ske-daddle. Passion for Luxury travel has created a niche market for her.
3. Leanne Cole at LCP Photography. Leanne’s probably world famous right now, but I appreciate anyone who is willing to share both their photography and postprocessing secrets.
4. Judy at Petit 4 Chocolatier Who makes divine desserts and entrees with recipes and beautiful photography. (Sorry Judy..I know you don’t accept awards, but maybe you’ll accept this one.
5. Broken Light: A Photography Collective. A blog that shares photography by those suffering from Mental Illness.
6. Mary as The Blonde Coyote She succeeds in living life large on a shoe-string budget and works out of a tiny teardrop trailer across the country.
7. LN at LNknits has traveled to the Andes Mountains to encourage a cottage industry for woven Alpaca clothing to sell throughout the world.
There are so many fabulous bloggers out there, and each one of you are special in your own way. These blogs that I’ve nominated inspire me that blogging can actually lead to something big. Congratulations to these wonderful bloggers that have been so successful! Bella
Categories: All about Hoofbeats & Footprints