In writing Hoofbeats, I’m finding it interesting how I intend to talk about one thing, but the words seem to flow in a different direction. Yesterday I really wanted to start talking about fear. However, I realized that without patience and kindness, there is no hope to overcome any personal obstacles. Patience allows you to try things, and make mistakes. We all learn from those mistakes and grow from them.
This morning, I was looking at my new timeline on Facebook – which I love by the way – and was reminded of this list I had created. Remy’isms are messages that my horse Remy Martin demonstrates throughout her day. I’ve modified it a bit to make them life lessons – so here you go !
- Always protect your girlfriends from bad boys.
- Why walk when you can run?
- Do most anything for cookies.
- Daily mud baths helps keep the skin beautiful.
- Learn what you’re willing to put up with, and don’t accept anything you won’t.
- Always keep your sense of curiosity.
- Pamper yourself as much as you can.
- Be excited about life and explore!
- Slow down and smell the grass.
- Learn to work with your partner, and have fun doing it.